Since the weather hasn’t reminded you, take a look at your calendar. Fall is officially here. And that means it’s time for fall home maintenance. These routine things will help keep your home in tip top shape, and get you get the outside of your home ready for the cold winter weather.
1. Up on the Roof. Go outside and inspect your roof. Check for any shingles that are loose or damaged in any way. Remove debris and limbs that may have fallen. Inspect the flashing around chimneys, vents, and skylights. Go back inside and look in your attic for any damp spots. If you see damage, now’s the time to repair!
2. Old Paint. Check the painted exterior of your home. If you see cracks, blisters, or chips, you need to repaint.
3. Out of the Gutter. Clean your gutters and downspouts of summer debris.
4. Window Pain. Check your windows for damaged or missing caulk. Replace rotting sashes. Fall is a great time to replace windows, so evaluate whether the energy efficiency of new windows will compensate for the cost of new windows. Remember that we have Moss Supply windows at low, low prices.
5. That Drip! Check your pipes and faucets for leaks. Consider replacing your faucet with a frost proof sill cock model.
6. Cover Up. Take time to store – or at least cover – patio furniture and grills, so that it will be ready for next summer!
Whatever you need for your fall repairs, come to see us at Southside. We have the supplies you need, a huge selection of windows and shingles, a whole department full of paint, and prices that you’ll fall for! Plus, our terrific sales crew can give you advice on what’s best for your home.
So throw on a sweater (well, maybe not…) and hurry in today! You’ll find a bargain on every aisle, winter, spring, summer – and fall!